Whether a broken hot water heater constitutes an emergency or not can depend on a variety of factors such as the severity of the issue and the extent of the damage. In some cases, a broken water heater may be a minor inconvenience that can be resolved with a standard repair. However, if the issue is more serious and poses a risk to your safety or health, then prompt assistance is necessary. By properly diagnosing and repairing your water heater as soon as possible, you can avoid costly damage while ensuring your family has access to hot water when they need it most.
You May Need Emergency Water Heater Repair If:
- Your home has no hot water
- Your water has a cloudy or rusty appearance
- Your system is making popping, knocking, or rumbling noises
- Your water has a metallic taste
- Your water heater tank is leaking
- Your water smells like sulfur
If you’ve encountered any of the above problems, be sure to contact our Kingwood water heater repair pros right away for service!
Why Is My Water Heater Leaking?
A leaking water heater can be a frustrating experience for any homeowner, but it's important to understand why it's happening and what your options are for repair or replacement. A common cause of leaks is a buildup of sediment inside the tank, which can corrode the tank's interior and cause cracks or holes. Other culprits include a faulty valve or a loose plumbing connection. Whatever the reason, it's best to call our professional Kingwood water heater team to identify the source of the leak and service necessary. Then, depending on where the leak is located and what caused it, our technicians will be able to advise you on whether a repair will resolve the issue or if a system replacement is needed.
When Should a Water Heater Be Replaced?
While your water heater plays an important role in the functioning of your home, over time it will eventually wear down and need to be replaced. Knowing when to replace your aging water heater can be vital to prevent any potential damage to your system, save you money on energy costs, and prevent any loss of hot water to your home. Most water heaters have a lifespan of around 10 to 15 years, so if your unit is around that age or showing any warning signs, such as running out of hot water too quickly, it might be time to consider replacement.
Is a Tankless Water Heater Worth It?
There are many benefits to installing a tankless water heater. They are a great way to save time, money, and water because they offer efficient and reliable hot water on demand. The following are just a couple of additional reasons why you should consider a tankless water heater for your Kingwood home or office.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater:
- Long lasting - Tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of 20 years or more, which is often more than double that of traditional water heaters.
- Green technology - Tankless water heaters meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set forth by the EPA and Department of Energy, making them ENERGY STAR approved.
- Continuous hot water - Traditional water heaters heat water at a very slow pace. Tankless water heaters are able to provide continuous hot water to the whole home on demand, no matter how much is being called for.
- Save space – Because you do not need to store the hot water in a tank, tankless water heaters have a much smaller footprint than traditional models. This allows you to enjoy more of your yard and many property owners find their sleek design to be more visually appealing.
- Save money - The best part about tankless water heaters is they can save property owners money because there is no need to waste water when you have to wait for it to heat up. They also tend to need less frequent repairs, but if you need tankless water heater repairs, we're here for you.
We Offer Tank and Tankless Water Heater Repair Services
If you aren’t interested in a tankless water heater, GAP Plumbing Inc. can also install, replace, or repair traditional tank-style water heaters as well. We offer many products from trusted name brands to get your water up to comfortable temperatures as efficiently as possible. This means that if your water isn’t hot enough, you’re noticing odd sounds when you turn on the tap, you’ve noticed a leak, or you simply don’t have any hot water, you can call on our Kingwood team to deliver the prompt and professional services you need to get your water heater working as it should.
From Repairs to Replacements, We Handle It All
Whether you have a tankless water heater or a traditional unit, our expert plumbers can conduct services to ensure the system continues operating as it’s designed to. From installing a new unit to repairing your current water heater, we understand all the components of these vital appliances. We can quickly diagnose whatever issue your water heater is experiencing and repair the problem or offer you replacement options that fit your needs and your budget. We can even help extend the life of your water heater with affordable maintenance services to ensure you always get the most out of your water heater.
“Justin from Gap Plumbing did an excellent job checking out our spare bathroom that has not been used in a while. He was efficient, courteous, and the job was fair-priced. Thanks!”Dr. Duane J.