Because it is clear how bad it is to let your drain issues go unattended, you may be so alarmed at the prospect of a failing drain that you may try to resolve your drain problem immediately on your own. Since inexpensive drain cleaners are available at virtually every grocery market and hardware store, it may seem natural that any homeowner who is worried about their drains should eliminate the problem by pouring store-bought cleaner down the pipes. Unfortunately, this method actually creates more problems than it solves.
Some of the reasons why you should never buy and use generic drain cleaners include:
- Harsh chemicals can soften and erode sensitive drains
- Use of these products comes with the risk of exposure to toxic fumes or skin contact with corrosive chemicals
- Drain cleaners only mask the underlying problem and usually end up making the situation worse over time
- Chemical drain cleaners are bad for the environment and are also not suitable for septic tanks
Avoid these problematic side effects by coming straight to our professionals at GAP Plumbing Inc. for the care your drains and sewers deserve.
What Are 10 Signs I Need Drain Cleaning?
Warning signs that your drains need to be cleaned include the following:
- Slow drainage
- Water back-up
- Toilets overflowing
- More than one drain clog at the same time
- Foul odors (like sewage)
- Gurgling drain sounds
- Standing water in sinks or washing machines
- Fruit flies
- Recurring drain issues or clogs
- Your plunger won't do the trick
If you experience any of the problems above, it's important to get in touch with a drain cleaning expert who will thoroughly inspect your drains and get them back up and running. Contact our drain cleaning professionals in Kingston today and let us help you.
Our Kingwood drain cleaning team is committed to doing what it takes to earn your business and your trust. When you call us for help with a clogged drain, we'll set you up with an appointment as soon as possible. We pride ourselves on being fast and reliable, so you won't need to wait long to get the service you need. We happily offer free estimates so that you can get an idea of what your service will cost before any work is completed. Our pricing is honest, upfront, and affordable.
“Justin from Gap Plumbing did an excellent job checking out our spare bathroom that has not been used in a while. He was efficient, courteous, and the job was fair-priced. Thanks!”Dr. Duane J.